YES we LOVE Buckwheat because!
- Buckwheat is a source of high-quality digestible protein.
- Containing a high level of rutin, buckwheat helps to lower blood pressure.
- With a low Gylycemic Index, buckwheat helps lower blood sugar slowly and naturally.
- Great for digestion, buckwheat helps clean and strengthen the intestines.
- Buckwheat is classified by macrobiotics as a yang food.
- Buckwheat is gluten free.
Basic cooking instructions.
1 cup Buckwheat Groats
2 cups Water
Combine 1 cup Buckwheat Groats with 2 cups water in large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and cook 10 to 12 minutes, then let stand 5 minutes.
You can add onion, bell pepper, carrot, almonds, feta, fresh cilantro and fresh lemon to taste! YUM!